View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Do you guys just not take into account the fact that the Titans were picking 10th? I mean really, what's there to like about getting an OG at 10th overall? I don't get it, Warmack will be a RG, which will help, but probably won't make much of an impact on the team as a whole. He's not a playmaker or a gamechanger, so it's a very meh pick to me.

Hunter might be really good, but Locker is the one that will need to get him the ball. If they had a better QB, I would be concerned, but right now he doesn't scare me. If they get a Boyd or Bridgewater next year, I'll be more concerned.

A nickel CB with their 3rd? They didn't need a nickel CB, they needed a #2 CB to start opposite McCourty and challenge Verner. Their defense gave up the most points in the league last year, and they didn't do much to fix that. They will still be outscored by a touchdown on average next year.

The third best center in the draft? I mean c'mon, that's such a relative term to sell that as an improvement. Sounds more like Titans marketing rather than sound reasoning. The Cowboys got the consensus #1 center in the draft, do you really expect them to turn it around next year?

The rest of these guys are just depth, which is expected, but nothing in this draft makes me think the Titans will be any more than a 5-7 win team next year. Probably less if they get beat early, so they can get an upgrade at QB.
Adding Levitre to go with Warmack and my #1 rated C Schwenke, with Munchack and Matthews teaching them = Locker showing much improvement. Roos is a Pro Bowl level LT and Stewart is a solind RT but is coming off injury.

All in all it looks like a solid OL and adding a playmaker like Hunter to a finally healthy Britt and Kendal Wright means CJ is going to have huge yr. They've added blocking and speed to the roster. That's a lethal combination. Adding a very underrated Edwards to their DL rotation added to an already great draft. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote