View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013   #31
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Tennessee has to tighten up on defense before they can think about contending for anything. The Titans gave up over 30 points in 6 of the first 7 games of 2012. And gave up 50 burgers twice after. Until that turns around, that team is looking at another top 10 pick.
I pretty much agree with everything you've posted, but I'd add that right now another wild card to be resolved is their QB situation. As opposed to Gabbert - who I give next to no chance to ever be a decent starting NFL QB - I think the jury's still out on Locker, and he could go either way. The good news about that (from a Texans standpoint) is that if he's not the guy, it could take a couple more years for the Titans to throw in the towel. The bad news is that I still think he has a shot at becoming what they drafted him to be.

I realize this isn't exactly a unique insight, but I believe we've got one more season as the clear favorite to win the AFC South, and in 2014, it's gonna be a battle with Indy. Tennessee might not be far behind, and as it stands right now, there's no reason to think J'ville will be in the picture any time in the near future.