View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

issue with Sam Montgomery is where does he fit? will he replace Reed LOLB then kick Brooks inside next to Cushing? I don't think so IMO. He certainly could back-up Brooks Reed. In case of injury he is valuable insurance. I think his best option is to get with strength coach, disprove his critics, lay on a few pounds in low 280's & swing inside to rotate with Antonio @ RDE. It's not his strength to be out in space or in coverage. He can fight with bigger dudes & win with his aggression, strength & excellent lateral quickness. Very similar in size to Connor Barwin just not as fast. Some of us wanted Wade to try & move Connor inside on rushing downs, with his hand on the ground like a true end. Montgomery is even better suited to pull this off. But you know the Texans, they will exhaust every avenue before they expose him game day & take their time developing him, molding him into position then when the moment of need arises insert him in the lineup. Far as 3-4 ends go he would be a quick one, in fact he had identical 10 yard split as JJ Watt @ the combine, gave up 30 lbs but you get my drift.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote