View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013   #235
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Remember, the talented Mr. Foster couldn't beat Chris Brown for a roster spot. Sure Foster was undrafted, but he was still more talented than Brown. Surely he grasped the play book as well as Brown. Surely he understood the play book. Surely he protected the ball as much as "don't throw it if it's not there on the half-back pass" Brown.
I'm with you up until this tirade.

Arian himself has said he had a bad work ethic and a bad attitude when he came to the Texans. Do I think he grasped the play book as well as Chris Brown? No, I don't. I don't think Arian was applying himself. I don't think he was studying hard. I think he had given up and was planning on hitting it hard the next year. He's pretty much said as much. He didn't know that a practice squad player could be moved up to the main squad until he was watching MNF and they mentioned some PS player getting a chance.

At that point, Arian started applying himself. And when he started showing signs of "getting it" in practice, he started getting time on the field.

Up until that point, he was not ready to play. Doesn't matter how talented he was, he was not ready to play.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote