View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013   #34
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft grades for those who don't like draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Finally you say "go for it" but at post #28 you say draft graders are boneheads?
In America, you have an inalienable right to refer to a group of people as boneheads or be a bonehead as long as you do not violate local, state, or federal laws....or message board rules.

My reaction to the draft grade stuff was mostly in response to my old editors going, "give us letter grades for the Texans draft so we can put together a draft grade post." And me going, well, this is sort of a dumb exercise because nobody knows how these college kids are going to play on the next level with these particular teams, not even the smartest draftniks in the world.

Everybody gets it wrong. And there's no penalty if you say the Texans will rue the day they drafted the pizza boy JJ Watt other than embarrassment if people bust you on it.

The letter grades = dumb.

Giving your early thoughts on things based on what can be known at a particular time is cool and trying to find more information great, as long as you don't fall in love with your oh-too-early opinion or don't recognize the limitations of giving opinions at this time with the information that is available.