View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft grades for those who don't like draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Not stopping you for doing whatever. Go for it.

But it is perfectly ok to say that actual grades on drafts before the season is usually a reflection of how closely the drafts comport to general draftnik views and less to what will be seen on the field, and that the draft grades are usually VERY VERY wrong for a variety of reasons.

I prefer just looking at the potential for fit, and then going, alrighty then, I either get this pick or I don't. But acknowledging that you have to see it on the field.
Good interaction! I again disagree as many of us watch the college player on the field, bowls and combine. Not by any imagination saying I or any of my draft nuts er nik friends are as good or better than teams. We only have the results of the players our team select to go by. For example, I wanted either Hankins in first or Brandon Williams in third for our NT. We will never know if either would have been better than Hopkins or Swearinger + if we had drafted Hankins, we would have had to draft WR in second so evaluation is difficult if not impossible as not apples to apples.

My position is those who want to offer grades, go for it. Millions watch those on NFL Network and ESPN do just that. Thousands listen to radio guys who watch less college games than I do. An opinion is just that, whether it is by a guy like me or an NFL scout. His opinion carries more weight for obvious reasons but his can be wrong and mine be right. How many NFL teams let Rodgers sit in the green room or Foster go undrafted?

True it is that none have played an NFL down but would you rather have Eric Fisher or our Quisenberry? Based on "grades" we know that answer. Yes Quissy could become all pro and Fisher could fizzle, but I take that chance.

Finally you say "go for it" but at post #28 you say draft graders are boneheads?