View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Do you guys just not take into account the fact that the Titans were picking 10th? I mean really, what's there to like about getting an OG at 10th overall? I don't get it, Warmack will be a RG, which will help, but probably won't make much of an impact on the team as a whole. He's not a playmaker or a gamechanger, so it's a very meh pick to me.
I guess it just depends on how important you view the offensive guard position. I think in the past, rookie salaries kept teams from taking positions like offensive guard in the top 10. Not so much anymore. It's well worth it to take a guy that is projected to be a very safe pick and an instant upgrade along the offensive line in the top 10, even at offensive guard now.

I think Warmack could easily be a game changer for them in not only the running game, but in the passing game.

Quote:
Hunter might be really good, but Locker is the one that will need to get him the ball. If they had a better QB, I would be concerned, but right now he doesn't scare me. If they get a Boyd or Bridgewater next year, I'll be more concerned.
That's not really sound logic either. The same could be said about Andre Johnson. It's not like we had a QB that was worthy of throwing him balls at the time, and it doesn't make the pick bad by any means. The Titans can't control what QBs are available via the draft. They improved their offensive line and gave him another weapon to help him develop. Locker is still a young player.

Quote:
A nickel CB with their 3rd? They didn't need a nickel CB, they needed a #2 CB to start opposite McCourty and challenge Verner. Their defense gave up the most points in the league last year, and they didn't do much to fix that. They will still be outscored by a touchdown on average next year.
Corners, like wide receivers, usually don't have great rookie years. It's a transition process for corners to not use their hands so much, as we have seen with our own players. This guy has the potential to be a starter pretty early on in his career. To get a guy that you feel comfortable with playing nickelback in TC in the 3rd round is great, in my opinion.

Quote:
The third best center in the draft? I mean c'mon, that's such a relative term to sell that as an improvement. Sounds more like Titans marketing rather than sound reasoning. The Cowboys got the consensus #1 center in the draft, do you really expect them to turn it around next year?
Well, many people thought Schwenke was the best center prospect and the Titans got him in the 4th round. The Cowboys drafted the #1 center prospect (universally viewed as a third rounder) in the first round.

I don't really look at drafts for what they do for the team next year, but rather what it means for 4 years. I think they got 2 starting offensive linemen that are projected to be good players, a corner that could develop into a starter by end of his rookie year potentially. A wide receiver that could develop into a top 10 or 15 receiver in the league.

It's hard to grade any draft, because it is all about projections. Nobody claims to know what is going to happen in the future, we can only go off of the information that is available today. Seems like a good draft to me.

Having said that, the Titans will most definitely be better next year on offense. With these 2 rookies and the addition of Levitre, their running game is going to be alot more dangerous. That's great for them, because they need to put CJ's talents to use before he moves on.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote