View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013   #59
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6th round Alan Bonner WR JVST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Overall, he looks like a possession type receiver, most likely an upgrade from David Anderson.
Will he make the team? Most likely.
Will he see the field on offense? I don't know.
It will depend on how the coaches want to use the players.
They might let him handle both return duties; they might let him return punts with KMart as the secondary man who also returns kick-offs.
Maybe he won't see any offensive snaps until late in the season.

Projection: zero to 100 offensive snaps; zero to 10 catches.
Likely to be the primary returner so that KMart can concentrate more on offense.
There's also the possibility that they put him on the PS if they sign a FA vet.

Low expectation with some upside.
I watched some of his YouTube vids too. And I admit I'm not the draftnik some of you are. But to me, he looks like the kind of WR that, when it's 3 & 8, will have sense enough to run a 9-yd route and work to get open.

Preseason will tell. I think he'll at least be stashed on the practice squad and maybe be called up if K-Mart or Jean don't produce early on.
...just my
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote