View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013   #221
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

There's a couple of different ways they could go about this. BUT. I expect Hopkins to become the #2.

Schaub and Kubiak have said over and over again that the way this offense works (when it's working right), is that everyone runs their routes and the defense determines who gets the ball. I think that's true, to a point. I think that Schaub sometimes forced the ball into AJ even when the defense dictated he go somewhere else simply because he trusted AJ to make a play and he didn't expect that same play out of other guys.

I expect Hopkins to get pushed into the #2 almost immediately. If he learns the playbook and if he shows that he's got good hands, I expect him to get almost as many targets as KW got last year. He might not get as many until he builds up some trust, but I expect him to get a helluva lot more than Posey or Martin got last year.

I think the plan was for Posey to move into that role this year but with his injury, I expect him to get pupped. I don't expect him to be a real "target hog" this year. If Martin steps up and starts catching the ball better, then he'll get more targets as well.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote