View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Speaking of taking plays off against lesser opponents, Hopkins was pretty good at that against Ball St. and Furman.

On plays that were called to the other side, he barely started his routes.
On run plays to the other side, or even up the middle, sometimes he just stood around.
I even noticed him not doing much of a job on a run play to his side.
The runner got tackled right into his feet. He could have gained a few more yards had Hopkins did his job with gusto.

All that changed the following week against Florida St., however, Hopkins worked hard in his blocking and route running even when the plays weren't to his side.

So yeah, I think a lot of guys don't get a thrill out of beating up on weaklings.
I don't need to ask them the question; I can see it on the field.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote