View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013   #200
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've got no doubt he'll start at WR2. Doesn't mean he'll get all the snaps. Kubiak has trust issues. Schaub has trust issues. & apparently it's pretty easy to get into Kube's doghouse.

Andre Davis should have started over Walter, didn't... & didn't get anywhere near 41 catches.

Honestly, I'd be happy if he can get 32 catches or so at 15+ a piece & 10 TDs. Solid, & promising.
Eh, i think last year, we gave Martin, Jean and Posey the opportunity to step up by targeting them quite a bit early in the season... none of them really did although Posey started to flash consistently towards the end but then he got hurt. Had he not gotten hurt or 1 of the other guys flashed consistently, i think there's a strong possibility that Hopkins isn't here today.

I say that to say that Kubes will give him the opportunity to step up like he did with the others last year and give him plenty of short to mid-range targets early on. If he succeeds he'll start letting him leg it out a bit. I think he'll be fine.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote