View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Draft Patterns: 2006-Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Is the above the way that you have the data in your word doc? Do you have any other data that you left out?

I don't mind putting it in a google doc for ease of access and availability, but I'll have to think about how to format the data to make the data work for other means. Doing simple countif statements with a couple arguments will work, but in order to assign values of "round" I'll need to enter in "first, second, etc" and count based on that. Overall numbers may be good too, and if I could get some trade details, I could evaluate the pick's gain/loss per year and come up with some values. Might be fun to toy with the info and put it into some charts and graphs.

We could make the information community based and see what other ideas come up, such as snap counts of each draft pick to see how much of an impact they had.
This sounds like a great idea! Let's make it happen.

The post is all of my data; copied and pasted straight from the word file.

I can get pick numbers probably by Thursday night, as I have just one more final on Wednesday. Position could be interesting as well.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote