View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013   #102
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans UDFA Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Eh, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Like he said himself, he's more quick than fast. He also ran a 4.58 which was his fastest time so he's probably around the 4.5-4.6 range. I like his vision and lateral movement more than anything. He's small of course but not like he would be asked to handle the load.

Had a bit brush with the law so that along with the 4.8 at the combine and his size probably had him fall. I still remember watching him carve up that vaunted Notre Dame defense and Teo last year.
Let's not forget Graham also suffered an ACL injury in late October of 2011. It seems it takes a year or a little over a year for some to recover fully & it would've been roughly 15-16 months since he suffered his injury at the time of the combine. He does seem very elusive & quick, but his long speed does seem to be lacking some as he was caught from behind or some players made up some serious ground on him in pursuit. I still like his potential because he makes people miss & uses an array moves to do it & his catching ability seems to be pretty good as well.

I'm also interested to see what Cierre Wood has to offer. From what I have watched he also moves well & has some elusiveness. His long speed seems to be a better then Grahams's & his size is a plus as well. The knock on him from what I have read is his reluctance to pick up tough yards or move piles w/ his size, but Arian isn't exactly that type either & it seems their running styles are similar IMO.

I can't wait to see what these 2 have to offer. The other 2 that were signed were not all that impressive IMO. That could change come TC, as I'm sure they will all be attempting to do their best to keep their dreams alive.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote