View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Season's end: Mock Yourself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Not sure how grading works, but I basically whiffed on every player and round/position.
Marcus just didn't have the production to support a first round grade. I would also add the same for Ansah, just a super high risk reward pick by desperate organization which is why they remain picking so high year after year.

On the other hand Terrance has the production to support a much higher selection than what he received. I mocked Ogletree in first if available & he was which meant Terrance would have been my second round pick also.

Also targeted McDonald but in the 4th. He was selected in the 2nd so you where closer than me. I did have Trevardo Williams in 3rd while he actually was still there for Texans in 4th I really don't know how he was still available?

My Safety pick was Phillip Thomas but figured would have to be in 3rd, he went in the 4th. He can also play both safety positions. Both primary positions however were more coveted FS position. Phillip graded out just ahead of Swearinger, according to OURLADS, 7.60 vs 7.01. He was also way more productive with 8 INT's vs 2 INT's for Swag therefore this pick was too rich for my taste, excellent position but prefer Thomas in the 3rd. Texans should have moved up in 2nd for Arthur Brown who I think most had graded 1st/2nd rd. grade.

Jordan Mills was taken three picks after Texans original 5th so his value was spot on had Texans not traded out but to their credit they moved back up earlier to steal Quessenberry even after taking Brennen Williams in 3rd who was only marginally rated higher, I'll take that switch with a smile & will never get upset with Texans for beefing up OL.

My two 6th rd. picks where off the board by time Texans selected. Corey Fuller, WR went earlier in 6th. While my sleeper pick Kevon Webster turned out to not be much of a sleeper going in the 3rd rd. to Denver after Texans first third. Oh well.

Did hit on Chris Jones but had him drafted by Texans in the 7th. So technically didn't get one single pick right myself, selecting two players but a round later on each count.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote