Re: Post Draft Roster
I think you're mostly on target. It should be interesting, since I think a lot of those positions are open to competition at the bottom. Here are the things I'm thinking:
- I think they keep 3 QBs, though we'll see how they look in preseason.
- Not sure they keep 6 WRs. There are only 2 (AJ, Hopkins) that I see as sure keepers (as well as Posey) - I could see any of the others not making the roster, and so I'm not sure that 4 of them will stick. I would not be surprised to see them keep only 5, with a couple more on the PS. If they expect Posey back, and if it works (I forget the rules), I wouldn't be surprised to see 6, with that 6th one going to the PS when Posey returns.
- I could see 4 TEs and only 1 FB (especially if they go with only 5 WR)
- Would be a little surprised at 3 NTs, and would think they might drop down to 2. In place, I'd guess either some other LB prospect (still feels way too thin at ILB), a return specialist (might be the extra DB or WR), or that 3rd QB.
- I'd like to see Keo replaced, but they seem to like him, so he'll probably be there. But, I think we might lose a safety (Pleasant) in favor of another CB or a returner, if we don't lose one of the NTs.