View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #193
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think he would have to be really special to get 41 catches. Or at least Kubiak & Schaub has to think he's special.

We'll probably see more of a rotation at that spot, with the reps LeStar & Martin have on Hopkins. Then, we'll probably see more 3 WRs instead of 2 TEs like we did last year.

So who knows?

But I think we'll see less total catches, but a higher YPC & that's what we need from that position to stretch the field.
Last year, there were 9 rookies that got over 41 catches. The year before, there were 7. The year before that, there were 8.

I expect Hopkins to be at least as good as Jordan Shipley was with the Bengals (52 catches his rookie year), a Titus Young with the Lions (48), a Doug Baldwin with the Seahawks (51), Chris Givens with the Rams (42), Michael Floyd with the Cards (45), T.Y. Hilton with the Colts (50).

His numbers might be decreased because he's NOT coming in and expected to be the #1 from Day 1 but I expect him to be one of the premier rookie WRs.

Whether he's going to live up to that expectation or not, that's the real question.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote