View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #53
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I have a basic issue with the attitude/judgement that comes with the part that I bolded.

How can you make the judgement that one guy (Rogers) has "superior talent" when you've never seen the other guy play?? Sounds like a name recognition judgement more than an A/B comparison. After all, most said at the time of the pick some flavor of... "who the _____ is Bonner?!"

And to say Bonner "has little to no shot at latching on" is a mite presumptuous isn't it? We obviously disagree on this but if I'm gambling with a late pick, I'd rather roll the dice on the talented underdog who KNOWS this may be his only shot and is willing to claw and scratch to make it count over the bozo who has all the natural talent in the world but has been nothing but screw up most everywhere he's been. Sounds like a VY type to me who won't "get it" until he's burned up all his 2nd chances.

Hell, they may both make it or neither may pan out. Time will tell. And WTH... it's only one of four 6th round picks. It's not like they bet the farm.
Yeah, a little of that goes on here. Noticed, did ya?

After everything I read about that POS it's little wonder why 32 teams passed EVERY TIME. I don't think the Texans are drafting only "choir boys" any longer but I do believe they're competent enough to stay away from proven trash which is where I would place this cat. I have watched enough of the way the FO operates to have just a smidgen of confidence in their decisions to field a team that I can scream for.

Maybe that's just me and few others.

msr

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote