View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #168
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The latest info we have on the situation is kubiak and smith basically saying absolutely not. At least at this point in time they are saying they have no plans on moving him inside. Now, we can say wade has the final say and that may be true, but I'd find it hard to believe that the head coach and gm would be saying that reed is the starting olb if wade is saying Reed is the new ILB.
It makes sense if they are still on the lookout for LBs on the market, post June 1st cuts. They don't want to tip their hand. If a suitable ILB becomes available, Reed probably does stay inside. If an OLB is out there, Reed could move inside. I think that's what they were referring to with options. But, something has to be done at ILB.

Cushing -coming off ACL surgery
Dobbins - career backup who ended 2012 on IR
Sharpton - ended 2 of his 3 seasons on IR
Cameron Collins - practice squader
Mike Mohamed - street free agent
Assorted UDFAs

That's it. That's not a LB corps ready to enter the 2013 season. Not for a contender. As far as I'm concerned, the Texans tipped their hand by not selecting an ILB (I thought they needed 2) in the draft. So Smith and Kubiak can be coy all they want. The facts are that everything points to Brooks Reed kicking inside.