View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #186
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Different stat. That is % targets to WR's. In terms of the issue of fixating on AJ I think that is irrelevant. This discussion is about is Schaub looking at all his receiving options. Our system since OD has been here has always targeted OD and the TE's highly. Now Hopkins may shift the WR numbers some away from the TE's and RB's but I bet AJ still gets his 30%.

Stats are from ESPN.

By the way is it surprising AJ, CJ and Brandon Marshall get targeted a lot?
KW had 41 receptions last year. If Hopkins quickly picks up the playbook and learns his routes and doesn't put the ball on the field (unlike Martin and Posey), I expect him to get KWs numbers from last year. At least. If he really progresses, he could also pick up some of Casey's targets.

But I expect him to quickly grow into the numbers KW had at his peak, if not progress past them.

And if Hopkins can start putting up some big numbers, I expect AJ to start putting up some bigger numbers as teams try to get sneaky in trying to cover both of them.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote