View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #166
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Good points. Though I've mentioned Brooks rotating down on passing downs, you're right, it doesn't make sense.

But what you said here, about our pass rush, I agree 110%, Brooks was part of that. If we're not going to wait all season for our starting OLBs to find their mojo, then we're not going to wait two. Brooks (and Barwin) were fine against the run. Brooks was decent in pass coverage. Brooks wasn't worth a crap, imho, as a pass rusher.

He's a fine athlete & a second round pick, I think we need to put him somewhere he can be successful. He is not the pass rusher we need. Let's put him inside & see if he can make hay.

That's the way I see it anyway.

I've actually warmed up to the idea of Brooks being an inside LB if it means getting someone that can rush the qb better out there on the edge. I actually dont mind reed at solb either because the other LB is the one that will get the most pass rush opportunities.

Herring himself said the two roles are different...which is something I think we mostly knew...

Personally I think they're still deciding what they want to do and will likely use campband pre season as part of that decision making process. I just want the best guys on the field doing what they do best.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote