View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #165
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

And kicking Brooks reed outside on passing downs if he were to go to ilb doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Texans took OLB's/edge players for a reason. Our pass rush outside of Watt and sometimes Smith was pathetic. Especially from the edges. I dont think they are going to wait all year to see if the two starters can find their mojo. They really can't afford to do that with the teams we'll be playing. I think they are going to rotate these guys until they find who's going to consistently put pressure on the qb from the edge.
Good points. Though I've mentioned Brooks rotating down on passing downs, you're right, it doesn't make sense.

But what you said here, about our pass rush, I agree 110%, Brooks was part of that. If we're not going to wait all season for our starting OLBs to find their mojo, then we're not going to wait two. Brooks (and Barwin) were fine against the run. Brooks was decent in pass coverage. Brooks wasn't worth a crap, imho, as a pass rusher.

He's a fine athlete & a second round pick, I think we need to put him somewhere he can be successful. He is not the pass rusher we need. Let's put him inside & see if he can make hay.

That's the way I see it anyway.