View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I still cant believe he went undrafted .... Just so much talent. Yes he failed drug tests and got into other trouble ..... but a 6th or 7th round pick isnt usually going to make a team , why not take a gamble on a superior talent with some issues over a guy who has little to no shot at latching on.

All 32 teams said nope , not worth the investment of a draft pick.

They drafted DummyBadger .... and many others with "character flaws".

I guess the fact that he kept making the same stupid mistake over and over sealed his fate.

It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Barfallo.
I have a basic issue with the attitude/judgement that comes with the part that I bolded.

How can you make the judgement that one guy (Rogers) has "superior talent" when you've never seen the other guy play?? Sounds like a name recognition judgement more than an A/B comparison. After all, most said at the time of the pick some flavor of... "who the _____ is Bonner?!"

And to say Bonner "has little to no shot at latching on" is a mite presumptuous isn't it? We obviously disagree on this but if I'm gambling with a late pick, I'd rather roll the dice on the talented underdog who KNOWS this may be his only shot and is willing to claw and scratch to make it count over the bozo who has all the natural talent in the world but has been nothing but screw up most everywhere he's been. Sounds like a VY type to me who won't "get it" until he's burned up all his 2nd chances.

Hell, they may both make it or neither may pan out. Time will tell. And WTH... it's only one of four 6th round picks. It's not like they bet the farm.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote