View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #18
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Speed New Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40-yd dash at the combine. Where do you think Hopkins, who was as productive a college WR there was, would fall if he ran a 4.71? Oh, and Rice went to a small school, so that's another knock on him by today's draft standards.
When I first saw that, I was like "no frikkin way". Jerry says the same.

Quote:
Former 49ers and Raiders receiver Jerry Rice wants to set the record straight: Remember that super-slow 40 time he posted almost a quarter-century ago, just before the 49ers drafted him out of Mississippi Valley State?
He was much faster than the 4.6 seconds cited in long-ago reports and his current Wikipedia bio. "No way. It was like 4.5," Rice said. LINK
Steve Largent is who came to mind. No doubt he was slow.

Still...I think slower guys who succeed are the exception rather than the rule.