View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Speed New Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think they have red flag numbers not elimination numbers. Cull the ones above the limit and reexamine how they were successful - poor competition, the team around them or does the 40 time not define the performance. Our new TE purportedly runs about as fast as an OLmen according to his 40 time and then you see him outrun DB's for a 74 yd TD.
Yep...

I'd like to see them add a measurement to the combine and proday's for skill positions...

Let them run for 10 or so yards (basically a running start) and time them from that point on. So like a 50 or 55 yard run only start timing them at a certain point... Some guys with great 40 times are really explosive going from 0 to whatever but don't reach another gear. And some guys don't have that great get off, but once they are moving they really can get their top speed up there. And then you have those guys that can do both....

I think it'd be interesting to see the variances and contrasts...

I've seen a lot of players with slow 40's, but on tape/on the field they fly. Some guys just move faster once they are already in motion. JMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote