View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Speed New Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
To me anything over a 4.7 at WR and a 4.8 at running back. Yes, I might miss a once in a life time player but I know that statistically i'll be right at a much great percentage. Its easy to see statistical out liners and have them bias your opinion. I'm not looking to be right 100%.

“The measurables to us are very important,” Polian said at the combine. “There are guys we eliminate based on the measurables. Our studies show us over time that at a certain speed, it’s virtually impossible to play at a certain position in the National Football League and play well.”
This gets back to something I was saying before the draft.

You've got to have a certain minimum level of an attribute. If you're a running back and your 40 time is 5.06 then it's probably not going to matter how good your vision is, how quick or shifty you are, or how good you are at reading the defense and picking your hole. You're just too slow to take advantage of it. I think a lot of teams place an upper limit for RBs at about 4.6.

It's probably like that for all positions and different teams probably set the minimum at different places depending on what they think they need from their individual scheme.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote