View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #13
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Speed New Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Granted, but I feel like anyone holding that hard line stance probably doesn't consider a 4.7ish 40 time to be sufficient. If you do consider it to be sufficient, then you may as well not hold that hard line position, because you effectively don't. Now a guy that runs a 40 yard dash in 6 secs is not going to play WR in the NFL, but that guy didn't succeed at college ball either, so it's a moot point.
To me anything over a 4.7 at WR and a 4.8 at running back. Yes, I might miss a once in a life time player but I know that statistically i'll be right at a much great percentage. Its easy to see statistical out liners and have them bias your opinion. I'm not looking to be right 100%.

“The measurables to us are very important,” Polian said at the combine. “There are guys we eliminate based on the measurables. Our studies show us over time that at a certain speed, it’s virtually impossible to play at a certain position in the National Football League and play well.”
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote