View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #8
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Speed New Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm not sure if you're saying there's no speed limit that should eliminate players or if they have no speed, they'll be eliminated. Either way is dangerous thinking, IMO. Here's a quote from Bill Polian:

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40-yd dash at the combine. Where do you think Hopkins, who was as productive a college WR there was, would fall if he ran a 4.71? Oh, and Rice went to a small school, so that's another knock on him by today's draft standards.

I'm not comparing Hopkins to Rice (duh), but demonstrating how ridiculous it is to weight the official 40 times that much. It's just one small piece of a player profile. Guys like Polian (plenty more in the NFL) lend that piece too much weight.
I'm saying what polian said. No matter how good they were at football at the college level if they don't have minimum speed, etc, it eliminates them. And having Speed doesn't magically turn you into a football player. IE. Troy Williams, and anyone the raiders draft.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote