View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #176
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This is what bothered me most towards the end of the season. I don't have a clue why, but Schaub seemed to be forcing the ball to AJ way too often. It's like he didn't trust anyone but AJ. Hopkins is supposedly know for his ability to fight for the ball when it's thrown his way. I sure hope Schaub can spread the ball around like he used to do
And I think that's what it's all about. I said this somewhere else, but it's about trust.

By the end of the season, I don't think Schaub trusted Martin because of how many times he'd put the ball in the boy's hands and had him drop it. I don't think he trusted KW because he wasn't getting separation and wasn't catching everything thrown to him like he had been a few years ago.

I'm hoping Hopkins learns his role and his routes and I hope he doesn't drop any balls because Schaub needs for him to get to his spot and catch the ball so that trust can start to build up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote