View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #92
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans UDFA Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Eh, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Like he said himself, he's more quick than fast. He also ran a 4.58 which was his fastest time so he's probably around the 4.5-4.6 range. I like his vision and lateral movement more than anything. He's small of course but not like he would be asked to handle the load.

Had a bit brush with the law so that along with the 4.8 at the combine and his size probably had him fall. I still remember watching him carve up that vaunted Notre Dame defense and Teo last year.
He was caught up by a Notre Dame player (whose name I didn't catch), in that clip; and then I noticed Zeke Motta also catching up. Motta ran a 4.75 at the combine so I don't think Graham has the long speed.
I used to like Motta when I watched him play until his performance at the combine.
Graham could be good in the short area, but he definitely looked lacking in the blocking department. I remember vaguely the Connecticut game (when I scouted Sio Moore) so I rewatched it briefly. Your QB is going to get killed in the NFL if you have Graham blocking. Being strictly a change of pace back might be a disadvantage to Graham. He does look pretty good, but you have to wonder if it's enough for him to make a roster. Personally, I doubt it.

I'm not sure whether he has problem with the ball or not, but I know he fumbled at least 3 times last year; and he had a fumble in the Shrine game, too.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote