View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys’ Jones boys deflate their own football people with draft ‘philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Look I'm the last person to defend Jerry Jones, like I was saying I could care less if his team loses every time they suit up and play on Sunday in this upcoming season. But c'mon, basing your Draft decisions on what "most analysts" say is, well a very dubious strategy for success in my book, don't you agree ?
I agree with the overall position, and of course time will tell what kind of draft they really had (and time hasn't been a kind evaluator of their recent drafts).

But your issue seemed to be with the fact he's being criticized for his pick. Obviously those issuing the criticism would fall into the category of "most analysts", so I don't really see why there's anything to that point. Of course they're going to criticize it - it disagrees with what their version of the facts are. Nobody's going to sell newspapers/magazines or get web hits saying "I didn't have him rated that highly, but maybe Jerry's right".

Finally, you seem to be ignoring the whole issue with the decision making process. That's independent of who the pick was, and it's independent of how successful the pick ends up being. The allegation is that the Jones's basically brought in folks to do the work on analyzing and evaluating the talent pool, and then summarily ignored the work those folks did, and denied them any input in the selection process. If true, that's a comment on the overall environment up there, and the recent performance of the team would lend support to the fact it could well be true.