Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NT Concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think you really have to examine those stats subjectively - Early in the season the Texans were ahead more often than not and teams were forced to pass.

Later in the season when the offense struggled , teams were able to run more effectively.

They were #1 or #2 during that first 12 games ... then fell to #7 after those last 4.

This tells me that as the offense goes , so goes the defense.
I completely understand & agree. However, I think it's taken into consideration when designing our defense. If the plan is to efficiently outscore the opponent, why invest the time & effort to find a freak of an athlete that doesn't grow on trees?

It's easier to find that other guy who'll split that gap & get in the backfield, drawing the attention of those big uglies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think this is a subject worth exploring.

Generally in the 3-4 keping the LBers clean to make plays is important.

They got so much more production out of the front 3 than they did their LBers .... especially after Cushing went down that I wonder if this wasnt by design - putting Watt and Ninja in position to capitalize on mismatches at the expense of the LBers not named Cushing.
Generally.... & Wade hasn't done the General thing. The ILBs only blitz when we can't generate the pass rush from the outside. He runs it very much like a 4-3.

Against the run, we consistently see everybody but Bradie James in the backfield & I don't think that has anything to do with what our NT is, or is not, doing.