View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I generally find myself defending Smith & Kubiak more often than not ... but I believe they left better talent on the board with this pick. Its no knock on Bonner really ... Hell , the other 32 teams passed on some of those same players again in the 7th round.

I hope Mel HairGel is right and Bonner makes us eat some crow.

Lots of people talking about moving Reed inside .... I wonder if Trevardo Williams might be a better fit inside than outside lining up over TE's ....

Mercilus better step it up this season ....
I give this draft a solid B. Pretty much all of the players drafted are solid players, with limited ability to become star/superstar type players. Trevardo Williams is the exception to this, he's just starting to scratch the surface of his ability.

In this draft there were only 10-15 guys that have the ability to become star level players, so drafting solid players that fiil needs seems like a good strategy to me.

I really wanted the Texans to trade up and take Louteleiu when he started to fall. If that guys heart holds up he will become a star level NT/5tech like Ngata. IMHO

I really would've liked Rick to trade back up and pick Swope. He was worth the concussion risk any time after the 3rd rd. That guy may become like a better version of Austin Collie. Collie had concussion problems and the Colts got 2-3 good yrs out of him.

That's good value if you get 2-3 good yrs out of Swope vs taking a chance on a small school guy like Bonner. (I've never seen Bonner play.) My pick if I were going to make a risky pick in the 6th rd would've been Rodgers.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote