View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #14
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys’ Jones boys deflate their own football people with draft ‘philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
It wasn't as simple as "The pick sucks because it's a Center". It's a combination of the fact that there were two other centers on the board who most analysts rated as equal to or better than Frederick, both of whom lasted until the 4th round, and the fact that the Jones's basically shut everybody out of the process when making the decision of who to pick.

Of course it's their right as owners to manage the process any way they want to manage it, but having the right to do it your way doesn't insulate you from managing it in a fashion that's counter-productive to the well being of your team.

The bottom line IMO is that Jerry Jones sucks in a major way at being the GM of an NFL team - it's his right to suck, and he is exercising that right.
Look I'm the last person to defend Jerry Jones, like I was saying I could care less if his team loses every time they suit up and play on Sunday in this upcoming season. But c'mon, basing your Draft decisions on what "most analysts" say is, well a very dubious strategy for success in my book, don't you agree ? And you and I both could probably produce gobs of examples of what the analysts missed in their mocks when the Draft finally happened last week. One of my own personal favorite examples is Shariff Floyd, who was a nearly unanimous choice to be the first DT drafted and a top 5 pick, but fell all the say to the 20s before he was selected.
I don't know what Dallas saw in this center and what they didn't see in other prospects at the position, but it was probably something the analysts didn't have a clue about ? Maybe he went too early, so what if he's a second-round value who they took a half round too soon, if he fits for them and is what they hoped for I'd say they made a good move.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote