View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

My rough initial reaction to the draft:

I have no qualms with either of the first two picks. Good players, nice tape, decent workout #'s, all of the hallmarks of decent picks are there. Both picks appear to be poised to get immediate reps right out of the gate.

Once we get to the pick of Brennan Williams, is where I'm not so sure. I probably would've preferred D. Bakhtiari if we had to pick an O-linemen, and I think I would've rather have had Alex Okafor over Sam Montgomery (Again, this is if we have to pick players who play relatively the same position). I really would've liked to have gotten Khaseem Greene with one of those picks. But, it's done, and with that said, these aren't what I view as really bad mistakes, they just went with players whom I didn't prefer.

Trevardo Williams seems like a very boom or bust player to me and I would not have minded to see Lattimore, or Denard Robinson there. I was sad when we traded out of the 5th and missed out on Ryan Swope by 2 picks, but that is the draft for you.