Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013   #39
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT Concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But they got nothing. It doesn't matter that they perceive a weakness up the middle if they aren't getting any yards & they aren't scoring any TDs.

68% means they thought their strength was up the middle. 7th in yards allowed means that it wasn't.
I think you really have to examine those stats subjectively - Early in the season the Texans were ahead more often than not and teams were forced to pass.

Later in the season when the offense struggled , teams were able to run more effectively.

They were #1 or #2 during that first 12 games ... then fell to #7 after those last 4.

This tells me that as the offense goes , so goes the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
If you say so. Interpret the stats however you want. I'm telling you this, if we go into the season with what we have now we are in trouble. By the middle of the season our ILB's will be getting wore out. Don't be surprised if they become a mash unit once again.
I think this is a subject worth exploring.

Generally in the 3-4 keping the LBers clean to make plays is important.

They got so much more production out of the front 3 than they did their LBers .... especially after Cushing went down that I wonder if this wasnt by design - putting Watt and Ninja in position to capitalize on mismatches at the expense of the LBers not named Cushing.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote