View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAg14 View Post
Agreed on all. I didn't want the Texans to necessarily grab 3 WR in the draft. However, they decided to spend a later pick on a WR in the 6th round. Who knows, it could be for special teams depth or something else. But I'd rather the Texans have spent a 3rd or 4th rounder on another WR than wait til the 6th if they are truly looking for some more options/depth at the position.

WR corps now comprise of Andre, Hopkins, Keyshawn Martin, Lestar Jean and ? Posey is most likely out for a majority of the season. Kevin Walter is gone. I guess I would have liked to see the Texans grab another guy that they think could compete for a role as a package WR.

However, after all of that I'm pretty stoked about the draft. Think the Texans definitely addressed some needs that were pressing.
We'll likely keep 5 WRs. You assert that four of the five spots are taken. I'm not sure about that. I think that only two of the spots are locked in - it would be three if Posey was healthy. Do you guys really think that we've seen enough consistent performance from Jean, K-Mart, and/or Maehl that they should be given the slot receiver spot. With Posey likely out forhalf the season, I think there are only TWO WRs spots locked down. The rest are up for grabs.

I think more of a Bonner experiment at KR/PR/WR than I did the Trindon Holliday experiment. I just heard Mel HairGel say that the Texans got two steals on day three; Trevardo Williams and Alan Bonner.

This 3rd day move to get Bonner is no worse than the Trindon Holliday move/experiment. If you gave the Holliday move an F then I can see giving this and F. If not.....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote