View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013   #38
TXAg14
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I understand. However, I think there is a practical issue that there will only be so many reps and positions available at each position... and, because the Texans returning WRs are also in need of reps due to youth and inexperience, that flooding the team with rookie WRs becomes counter-productive and actually could damage the entire group.

Just a thought- but I think it is an issue even moreso now that the new collective bargaining agreement has put much tighter limits on off-season practices and mandatory meetings, etc...
Agreed on all. I didn't want the Texans to necessarily grab 3 WR in the draft. However, they decided to spend a later pick on a WR in the 6th round. Who knows, it could be for special teams depth or something else. But I'd rather the Texans have spent a 3rd or 4th rounder on another WR than wait til the 6th if they are truly looking for some more options/depth at the position.

WR corps now comprise of Andre, Hopkins, Keyshawn Martin, Lestar Jean and ? Posey is most likely out for a majority of the season. Kevin Walter is gone. I guess I would have liked to see the Texans grab another guy that they think could compete for a role as a package WR.

However, after all of that I'm pretty stoked about the draft. Think the Texans definitely addressed some needs that were pressing.
TXAg14 is offline   Reply With Quote