Thread: NT Concern...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013   #25
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT Concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsorc View Post
I'm not worried about NT at all. We allowed a grand total of 5 rushing touchdowns last year. We were also top 10 in both rush yards per game and yards per rush. And that was with Cushing down for more than half the season.
Good point but I don't think that Cody was one of the main reasons that we finished with such good numbers. My point is that we had a chance to get a guy who can shoot a gap and command a double team but we drafted Sam Montgomery to play on the strongside who IMO will not be able to hold up in his coverage responsibilities. I'm less concerned with where we were last year in rush yards and more concerned with getting better. Personally I think that we would have improved more as a team drafting Montori Hughes instead of Sam Montgomery. I would have not been against drafting Chris Jones too so we could move Earl Mitchell to DE if we decide to part ways with Antonio Smith in order to free up cap space.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote