View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013   #33
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAg14 View Post
Overall, I'm really happy about the draft. Think the Texans got a few players who will have immediate impacts on the team. I really love the pick of Hopkins. I bet he'll be posting legit #2 stats by the end of the season.

Once it gets past about round 3, I'm in the dark in terms of picks. However, I've learned to trust in the front office when it comes to the draft. Texans get it right more often than not. They are also pretty good at finding value late int he draft.

My only beef with the team is not selecting another WR earlier. While there were holes to fill, I think the more WR you bring in the better. Texans spent a 6-rounder on one, but I think one a little earlier would have been the better call.
I understand. However, I think there is a practical issue that there will only be so many reps and positions available at each position... and, because the Texans returning WRs are also in need of reps due to youth and inexperience, that flooding the team with rookie WRs becomes counter-productive and actually could damage the entire group.

Just a thought- but I think it is an issue even moreso now that the new collective bargaining agreement has put much tighter limits on off-season practices and mandatory meetings, etc...