View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #15
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6th round Chris Jones DT BGSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Mocked him to Texans in 7th. Solid depth with Hunter returning. I know it's not what many wanted but let it play out. Texans should have a solid rotation.

Wrote this off my final mock, now for informational purposes only. Interestingly I was the only one who projected Earl Mitchell to Texans in 2010 (5th). Never thought of myself as expert on position but maybe......

Seventh Round: Chris Jones, NT, Bowling Green, 6-1 7/8" 301

Ran his forty a respectable 5.10 pro day with 31" vert. First-Team All Mac and earning MAC Defensive Player of the Year in 2012 with 42 tackles, 12.5 sacks, and 19 tackles for loss. He fits Texans current scheme for position & solidifies some quality depth behind Mitchell. Stout, high-effort interior lineman who also flashes good short area quickness. Brings power out of his stance and an explosive punch into a blockerís chest when man-up. Constantly has a leverage advantage with his low center of gravity, and possesses the quickness and hustle to move his feet to win a gap or bull his man towards the quarterback on pass plays. Spins off blocks or uses an arm-over move to reach the quarterback. Gives effort to the sideline when the ball is on his half of the field. Works at the five-technique at times, crashes inside adeptly and plays his containment responsibilities well.
Great call BL.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote