View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6th round Alan Bonner WR JVST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
This pick surely sounds like we drafted him because he was someones best friends son. Like Kubiak did when he drafted Casey Studdard, or the Colorado St. players.
My theory:

We watched Ryan Swope go off the board at overall pick 174 (Round 6), and while the Browns were picking at 175...we worked a trade and moved up and grabbed Quessenberry at pick 176.

That is, unless our move up to 176 was made way earlier than during the Browns' pick at 175 (I wasn't watching the draft at all, so I don't know how it went down).

I just find it curious that Swope goes off the board and we're suddenly drafting two spots later. As if we lost a guy we were targeting and decided we better get Quessenberry in case somebody grabbed him before we could. Wouldn't want to lose TWO guys you had targeted but who went earlier than you anticipated.

Maybe this Alan Bonner guy was our Plan B for not getting Swope. I think Swope is a Wes Welker type of guy, even though there's some concussion concerns there. Compared to Swope, I think Bonner is a JAG, IMO. Everyone has something nice to say about everyone...so this whole "he's unflappable" stuff? Meh. Hope he does well, blah blah blah, but I don't think he'll be a superstar. Hope I'm wrong, though.