View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Grades

What bothers me is they are completely off what most research out there suggests as bpa mentality. these strike me more as coaching decisions based on need which is ok if it all gels but if not then instead of say Giants approach (2 superbowls in last 5 years) taking bpa it's questionable. And it all starts with QB position that seems to be a pinata for us fans at least since inception.

When you draft a WR with all your options open, based off how best suited to your QB strengths then you remain a known quantity that can still be easily game planned. With that said Hopkins is a solid A. However he lacks elite speed/size ratio that Hunter will now provide for Tennessee.

Completely align with need to take a safety early to tool in behind Reed. Swearinger is a good one, a true safety better than GQ so yeah but they left themselves open for a team, of all teams the Ravens to scoop up Arthur Brown. Not acceptable. I'm not going to downgrade the player as much as the process itself, so close yet so far B.

Liked Brandon over Brennan here so that is that plus Texans picked up Quessenberry in 6th B.

Montgomery is a tweener who needs to develop, put on weight & kick inside. Developmental pick IMO C.

Really like Trevardo Williams. Pure pass rusher who I had mocked end of 3rd so excellent value as well hard worker who plays with passion & special teams addition A.

Quessenberry is a great fit for ZBS who can kick inside or out but feel he will replace Wade Smith in due time A+.

Bonner is a classic reach. Just a work in progress that would have been an undrafted free agent, makes no sense but I'll give him a chance D.

Chris Jones is gonna be what Chris Myers is to the OL. A solid player who can fill a dire need. Had him mocked to Texans in 7th but given need & fact Texans traded away the 7th the only option would have been to wait a couple more picks or until undrafted free agency A.

I thought if the Texans did address TE it would be late, but after passing on Paulson last year I just didn't want to put in the effort of suffer the heartbreak again. He is from a solid program & probably plug him right into PS depending on how well Supernaw who is developmentally way ahead at this point but good solid pick, yet leaves me somewhat empty given all the talent still on the board specifically LB C.

Texans did not take a ILB. Not only that they stayed pat in 2nd letting opportunistic Ravens sneak in & steal Arthur Brown is infuriating. I think all that late round movement is nothing more than posturing the real action needs to be done early to secure your most coveted targets for this there has to be a certain amount of blame to go around. Swearinger is not a bad consolation prize but adding Brown to Cushing would pay immediate dividends. Overall I would have to be a little harder on Texans than my friend 65 at least on initial impressions B.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote