View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th round Trevardo Williams De/OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
With Reed inside you have Cushing, Reed, Sharpton, & Dobbins. That looks like plenty of depth to be honest. Maybe 1 more later in the draft for competition & youth purposes, but that seems to be plenty.

As far as Reed going inside, I think he will be fine. As it was stated earlier Reed dropped in coverage & played in coverage quite often. He seems to be able to read & react. In fact, if recall correctly thats exactly how he got injured. Playing in coverage. I think the transition will be fine & obviously the coaches believe he can handle it as well. I would consider Reed a step up from any of the other options we had playing in the middle last year not named Cushing.
It's hard for me to rely on Sharpton as anything really. Dobbins will be good for this year, if he remains healthy, but for how much longer? What if Reed doesn't take well to the every down transition? It's a risk.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote