View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 351224 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th round Trevardo Williams De/OLB

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 55s
Quote:
I thought Trevardo Williams was a solid 3rd and one of my favorite 3-4 OLBs on the board. Great edge burst. Love that pick for Texans
John Harris ‏@jharrisfootball 1m
Quote:
Is it bad that I like Trevardo Williams potential more than Sam Montgomery? That said, I don't dislike Montgomery, but Williams can fly
12. TREVARDO WILLIAMS | Connecticut 6012|241 lbs|4SR Bridgeport, CT (Bridgeport HS) 12/31/1990 (age 22) #48

2012: (12/11) 42/13.5/11.5/1 PROJECTION: 4th Round
2011: (12/11) 43/15.0/12.0/2 MEASUREABLES: 6012 | 241 | 32 1-4” | 9 3-8" | 77”
2010: (13/7) 29/9.5/4.5/2 COMBINE: 4.57 40-YD DASH | 1.58 10-YD | 30 REPS | 38” V | 10-4 BJ
2009: (13/1) 19/2.5/2.0/0

STRENGTHS: Rocked up frame with very good muscle definition…quick feet to sidestep blocks and move fluid laterally…good get-off speed with a quick first step off the edge…active hands to initiate contact and burst past blockers with acceleration…very good natural strength and works hard in the weight room…plays with naturally low pad level to win with leverage…good hustle working to the play and recovering after false steps…productive starter, school record with 30 career sacks.

WEAKNESSES: Tweener size and traits and doesn’t have the frame to get much bigger…struggles to anchor and too easily redirected by blockers…doesn’t always play as strong as he looks, getting swallowed up by blockers and struggling to disengage…undeveloped counters and needs to work on his rush moves…suspect instincts and discipline, biting on fakes and losing contain, too often turning his back to the LOS…needs to consistently finish when in the area…unproven in coverage.

SUMMARY: Moved to the U.S. in 1999 from Jamaica and thrived at football and track in HS…showed obvious improvement with every rep and was consistently productive the past two seasons as pass rusher, setting the school-record for sacks (30.0)…good footwork and get-off quickness, but easily engulfed at the POA and ends up going where blockers want…has LB size, but was used as a hand-on-the-ground DE…tweener skills project him to a stand-up LB hybrid role in a 3-4 scheme.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote