View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #380
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Rounds 2 & 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What did the guy do? Kill and eat kittens and puppies? Unless he failed drug tests on the scale of the Honey Badger, what exactly is the info that would take Montgomery off a draft board. He's a productive SEC pass rusher. Those guys get drafted.
Agreed.

I know I might get crucified here for saying this, because the guy is like untouchable in the circles of Texans message boards, but this particular tweet by Lance doesn't feel right.

It feels contrived, as if he said something that he thinks...and then adds "My source says..." Oh yeah? Well, sometimes using the "source says" is not exactly giving me confidence. If a person has history of getting access to insider information, then the person can always say "source says" even if there is no source but the person feels it matches what he thinks or has heard from other media outlets.

When I read Montgomery's statements and I see his tape, I don't get the impression that he's a slacker. He has shown more enthusiasm, creativity on his moves on opposing OLinemen, and closing speed/accuracy than Mario William ever did. The guy, from what I see on his clips, is very talented. OK, so his mouth runs. THAT"S GOOD. I don't want Silent Mario brooding on the sidelines with a thousand-yard stare. I want guys like Hopkins, Swearinger, and Montgomery who walk, run, and talk with swagger. These guys, they know they have to back up the talk and the walk, or they lose cred.

We've got Ed Reed, Danieal Manning, J-Jo, JJ Watt, and Brian Cushing who will get Mongomery's ass in order if they need to do it. But something tells me all this **** talking that's going on Montgomery, the photo that shows the coach posting the "These guys don't give a damn about hard work" on his window, I think we made a good pick here. It wasn't in Round 1. It wasn't in Round 2. He is a Round 3 guy, and that's fine with me.