View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #74
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

From that same article:

Quote:
(on whether he saw any discrepancy in effort on Montgomery’s part in college) “No, actually he plays fast and he’s physical. I think if anything, the young man is guilty of being a little naive, and therefore the fact that he’s really an honest guy and tells you like it is and probably would tell you a lot more than he needs to tell you or open up and take all day talking to you. He’s a guy with a big personality and at the end of the day there’s not many players that would tell you something negative about themselves and not even know they’re doing it. And that’s just me talking to you right now. I’m probably trying to analyze what he told you at the combine or what you heard. He likes to talk.”
Seems the Texans actually valued his honesty in the combine interviews, even if his honesty didn't paint a nice picture of himself.

I think the lackluster tenure of Connor Barwin, his Bulls on Parade shenanigans, the letter jackets, etc., maybe Wade and Rick decided that it was time to venture into more turbulent waters with draft picks.

The defense outside of Watt and Manning in the last month of 2012 was lacking killer instinct. Swearinger and Montgomery can hopefully raise the intensity level.

At least with Montgomery, he's openly admitting his lack of consistency. Something Connor Barwin was guilty of but you'd never hear him admit it.

Maybe honesty is the best policy.