View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #72
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Sam Montgomery DE/OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'm hopeful that this pick turns out well. It certainly may. What concerns me, though, is the likelihood that the Texans front office did not do the research it needed to... I have a hard time believing that this organization knowingly selected a player on this list:

HERE

I just don't see it. I can believe that they asked him about his combine comments and were satisfied with his answer. Herring said, basically, that he's just foolish and likes to talk. I get that and don't have a problem with that conclusion. Frankly, with pick #95, I don't have a problem with the Texans taking a shot at a 1st round talent that has some discipline and work ethic issues to work on. What I do mind, though, is the possibility that the Texans were unaware of some of these concerns. If that's the case, they were either sloppy in preparation for the draft or they panicked during the draft process when a player(s) they targeted was selected ahead of them.

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone in the Houston Sports Media will pursue an answer from the Texans brass on their knowledge and reaction to the LSU Strength coach's accusation.
For all of the faults oone can find with the Texans, i doubt its under preparation for the draft. while I don't find rick smith paraticularly innovative or engaging, nothing has ever been suggested that he wasn't thorough. when they have the overall drft press conference, i would like to hear his answers versus the LBer coaches 90 second drop in the bucket.