View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #18
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The LSU Strength and Conditioning coach had serious issues with his work ethic and effort. I agree that he looks like an intense player on the field. However, this certainly raises concerns about his effort in preparation:

Here
Well, he wouldn`t have fell to us if it weren`t for those concerns. But there are two things, that help me relax a little:

1. As far as Ive read, the coaches changed his stance on him later - appearently you get on this list for missing one practice. And he improved his work ethic later. Plus: he looks good on film.

2. Our locker room: guys like JJ Watt or Cushing lead by example - AND they will let him know if they are not cool with his work ethic. I think our locker room is the perfect place for a player, with a little problem with his work ethic.

In the end it is a bit of a gamble. But when you have the chance to grab a first round talent at the end of round 3 and are convinced you can correct his problems, I am ok with this pick.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote