View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
I really really like him at the point of attack, I think he stacks and sheds better than any DE/OLB in this class. He has great short area quickness and burst, I question his ability to play in space, looks a little lost out there in man coverage when he is trailing for 20 yards or more. Also, his reaction time off snap looked mediocre at best (Disclaimer: I don't know if that was scheme driven because Alabama was hashing them with counters and inside draws). A lot of upside if he can loosen up the hips and tighten up his reaction time.
I think it's the scheme. I've noticed it before. I wanted to study it some more but the mock draft didn't allow me much time. I picked him for the Lions early in the second round 'cause I figure he'd be good next to those guys; little do I know the Texans were to get him. I know I've seen Lavar Edwards do the same (sometimes) when he came in as the swing guy.
I think I've seen Montgomery play OLB in their 52 as well.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote