View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013   #58
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Sam Montgomery DE/OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
from the article...
Quote:
Conclusion: Montgomery is more of an effort and multi-position cog in a defensive front than a transcendent pass-rusher, but I think he has the attributes that will lead to a relatively seamless level of production at the NFL level ... as long as his NFL team understands what he is and what he is not. His overall physical strength will allow him to exploit the league's trend to the every-gap player, and once he develops more consistent hand techniques, he'll be even better when it comes to extending his bull-rush. In addition, LSU's tendency to use its line to read and react gave a muddied picture of Montgomery's potential as an every-down pass-rusher -- but a far better window into his potential as the kind of defensive player who will do everything well.
I think this is another case of drafting replacements. Hopkins was drafted to replace Walter and may eventually replace A.J. Swearinger may eventually replace Ed Reed. I feel that Montgomery will be groomed to replace Ninja.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote